Hi my sweet family...this is new for me. Jeremy has set this blog up for me to jot down my musings or, I guess, whatever. So here goes. I was reading a book today that Daddy had given me shortly before he passed away. It is entitled "Every Day With Jesus" by Selwyn Hughes. He makes reference to a woman who was suffering and she said that if God didn't do what she asked Him to do, then "He is not as faithful as He says He is." The author goes on to say that her "faith in God was based not on unconditional confidence in His character and sovereign purposes, but rather in the hope that He would relieve her suffering in the way she thought best."
My prayer is that, as we experience deep hurt in our lives, our hearts will be tender before the Lord and, as we express our prayers and desires, let us not cross that thin line into becoming demanding of our own way because we think we deserve it. He has given us His all and we must live totally dependent upon Him. "Search me and know my heart." Psalm 139:23
How's that for a note from mom?
Love it! Love you.
ReplyDelete...But he does want us to question Him. Reference John 16:23. Sometimes our answers and our comforts can only come from God. I think this is the case with our loss. Relying on God like this is exactly what He wants. That's what I want.
ReplyDeleteMom, your "note" is one written with a "Master's Touch".
Rad mom. I get like this, longing for some kind of fruit basket from Jesus... "demanding" him to make up for the pain we've felt:/ Even when I write it, it sounds bad, but I feel that way at times. We just need to trust and obey... We will see fruit throughout eternity with him and will wonder why we were so pea brained, because of seeing his glorious splendor and faithfulness. Love you Marm, Jen
ReplyDeleteLove you Chris...love your family. SO glad you are doing this.
ReplyDeleteAs a wise man once said.."that's awesome!" :)
ReplyDeleteHi, Mom. I like the blog! I think your first "note" is great.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great reminder to us to keep our trust in God. I take great comfort in the fact that faithfulness defines Him. "...If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself" (2 Tim 2:13).