Tuesday, October 26, 2010

August-October Journey

It is hard to believe that October is here and is going by so quickly. I arrived back in MA after a precious time with the amazing Rippys. I was in Alabama over the last half of August and the month of September. It was a privilege to be able to play keyboard at Evangel Temple with their worship band and choir with Ashley....a true blessing for me. Most of all, I treasure any opportunity to spend time with "Uncle Mike and Aunt Terri." What gifts you all are to me and our family!

During this time, I was able to spend sweet time with Tiffany and Zach and their little Isaiah. We visited with Kim and my Aunt Susann and Uncle John, Linnea and her family. On the way home, I swung by to see Tiffany and Zach and Isaiah again and then saw my sister Karen and her family. What a delight it was to meet my baby sister's first grandchild, little Isabella who was born on Lonnie's birthday!

And tucked in this month was a sweet visit with my friends Laurie and Susie and her family in Virginia. How we laughed and we cried and we laughed and cried again and laughed! While in that part of the country, I was able to visit with friends from the chaplain corps. "Uncle Scott," thank you for helping me with my concerns from way across the ocean. You have been phenomenal! Lola and Keith came for a wonderful visit and brought love and encouragement to us as well. Thank you, Kristi, for having coffee with me in the mornings long distance! Jen M., you touch my heart with your words. Jan, what an amazing day it was to hear your voice on the phone (high school seems like just yesterday). Donna, the bracelet you gave me and your phone calls remind me of the sweet promise that our Lord is always with us. Linda and Dean, your prayers and words of love and hope for our family have been awesome. Cathy, your friendship means so much. I arrived home today to find a comforting message from Sheila.

I have had correspondence and cards from so many friends and family that have truly ministered to my broken heart. How thankful I am for family and friends! I know I could go on and on, and I would miss some precious person or church or chapel or group that has done something so sweet to help us along our journey. So, instead, thank you to all!

Thank you, amazing children, for welcoming me into your homes, taking such good care of your mommy, showering me with love, and for living each day for the Lord in the midst of unbelievable suffering yourselves. Our God's steadfast love has been with us throughout this year and we thank Him for His faithfulness.

Time is precious. Each moment is a gift from God. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me and for our family through this past year. Thank you for caring for us in precious, sweet ways. I will be grateful for the rest of my life. I thank my God for you all and for your continued prayers.


9 comments:

  1. Chris, It is always such a blessing to have you and any of your family in our home! We love you and continuously pray for you. I am thankful every day for your friendship. Now get back to Montgomery, lets make some tea, watch the Magic of Ordinary Days or Pride and Prejudice and get some serious quilting done! You are missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, you are one in a million. You have the knack of making every single person in your life seem special! I am truly a blessed gal to call you friend. You are such a treasure....a rare Pearl !!

    This last year has been something, huh? Lonnie's legacy and love of life lives on through you and your precious children. You continually amaze me with the strength & peace you share that is drawn from the deep well of Christ's living water.

    Hey, if you & Terri are planning a get together that involves a cup of tea and Magic of Ordinary Days...I want to be included!! Sounds like a great way to spend a day!

    You're AWESOME! (I can hear his actual voice saying that as I type it!!)
    Love you sweet sister, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me too! I can hear him say it too!

    You know it! You are invited. It's a plan...tea and "the movie."

    How I thank God for you and Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so sweet. You are precious to all of us. You are so loved!

    You are my angel mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Marm! I always wish I could do more for you Marm, I'm in debted to love you because of the investment of love you've poured in. Even in the deepest moments of pain you still check on us, and encourage us with scripture and moments of thankfulness. You're life is a sweet smelling aroma to the Lord, you smell a lot like Jesus Marm. You make an impact just by living. Love you- Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom, you are such an example of how to love and be loved. to give and to receive. Know that there is no amount of words or actions that could ever portray the amount of love that Jen and I have for you. You are an amazing leader and mother because you choose, everyday, to stand on the ROCK. I love you with all my heart. Your thankfulness is such a testament.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you so much! Thank you for sharing your life and love with us. I think that tea and a movie would be great! Love you little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's do it! Let's have a tea party and everyone bring whatever project they are working on...quilt, Christmas stocking, needlepoint, greeting cards, cross stitch or nothing at all and enjoy the movie! Sounds like fun!

    Lola, thank you and Keith for coming to visit us and sharing your love and kindness with us! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen to all the above. Your faith, love, and hope amaze me. We are blessed to call you friend.

    ReplyDelete