I have so many memories of Easter: new outfits, homemade little white jackets to wear over our dresses when we were small, sunrise services in the hills of Montana, on the shores of Oahu, on a foggy morning in Texas, and Lonnie's and my last one in Germany where my Lonnie preached about our risen Savior on that cold but beautiful Easter morning! Such sweet memories with precious family and friends!
On this particular Easter Sunday, Pastor Smith spoke again about Jesus Christ dying on the cross and said that Jesus paid the price for my sins. He probably said "our" sins but it became so personal to me as I listened. "God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." My heart leapt within me to think that there was nothing that I could do or had to do to earn my salvation. I knew I couldn't be good enough. It was a gift and it was my choice to believe and receive what Jesus did for me on the cross. God's gift....His Son.....my heart rejoiced as I understood that my sins were gone as I put my faith and trust in Jesus....He died for me and rose again! He conquered sin for me!
He is risen! He is my Rock and my Salvation! He is my Savior and my Redeemer!
Oh, how that young 11-year-old girl rejoiced...and many years later, she still is rejoicing in her risen Savior!
Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield, in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults and with my song I give thanks to Him." I am safe in His arms.
This is so sweet. :) I have a lot of good Easter memories growing up-and some silly ones too. I remember a particular Easter sunrise service where someone had a very high voice and I couldn't stop giggling. Daddy had this little smile on his face as he watched me try to compose myself. I had to excuse myself from the service. It's embarrassing when you giggle when you aren't supposed to! Also, I remember doing an Easter egg hunt in the house one year. Years later, we found an old Easter egg stuck in one of the speakers from the sound system. I also remember Daddy telling me about doing an Easter sunrise service in Iraq. I'm sure that was very special.
ReplyDeleteI remember the pictures that your Daddy took from that special sunrise service....and the plastic egg in the speaker that we could never get out. Easter egg hunts after church service in our home.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite was when Daddy would always take me to pick out my Easter dress! It was always so special. This year being so pregnant and looking for days to find something to wear, and struggling with being able to find anything remotely comfy and cute... I found myself wishing he was here to help me find that perfect dress. Also I remember many ridiculous (I mean adorable, Marm) matching outfits, big hair and hats!
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, you were adorable in those sweet outfits that I labored over but I can understand why you enjoyed going shopping with your Daddy for that special dress so much more! He really had a way about him....making us all feel so pretty and precious!
ReplyDeleteEphesians 1:6-8: "We praise God for the wonderful kindness He has poured out on us because we belong to His dearly loved Son. He is so rich in kindness that He purchased our freedom through the blood of His Son, and our sins are forgiven. He has showered His kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding."
ReplyDelete