September, what an amazing month! It started with a birthday party for Zoe, a journey with my best friend Terri to visit her brother at Camp Hope in Connecticut, on to New Jersey to see Jeremy and Crystal and my three handsome grandsons there, a side-trip to Amish country in Pennsylvania, a visit with Susie and her family, a beautiful wedding back in California, another journey with Jen and her girls to attend a lovely wedding for my niece up in Washington and then back home again by way of my brother Stephen's house. (And that is all in one sentence!)
We experienced joy, anticipation, thankfulness for friends and family, a splash, a smash and towards the end a sigh of relief. Throughout the month I was again reminded how precious and fragile life is. And as my adorable daughter-in-law Sunnie jokingly asked me, "We needed to be reminded of that?" I don't think so, Sunnie, but we were and I am not sure why? Questions.
Zoe had a joy-filled, beautifully decorated birthday party complete with tutus, pompoms, princesses and cake pops made by her mommy.
| Christine, Terri and Christina |
She treated us to a ride on a Sea-Doo and assured us that we would not get wet. We didn't (well, she and I got splashed just a little but not Terri) until the very end when we all "gracefully" tumbled into the surprisingly warm Connecticut waters. It was hilarious! The splash!
Eventually, we headed south after visiting Pennsylvania and picking up some treasures in what I affectionately call "Amishland." We love to visit there. We were blessed to see Susie and her family. We were treated to delicious food, great fellowship, a private concert by Ann, and a trip to a very cool fabric store the next day, oh and Susie's famous bread! Yummy!
Our next goal was to get to Atlanta so I could fly out the next morning back to California. We had driven maybe 30 minutes when the "smash" happened. A utility van with ladders on top suddenly had some cement siding boards catch in the wind and two of them flew off and came right toward us. I was able to dodge one of them but the other one hit us directly in the front window. Thankfully, Terri and I were both fine, not a scratch on us, but the window was shattered and we were stunned. We called Mike, took pictures and waited on the side of the road for the highway patrolman to come. He deemed it an "incident" not an "accident"! We were so grateful for God's presence with us and that we had worn sunglasses that morning and had even joked about them when we put them on. (Life is precious!) The man from the van was very helpful to get us to a glass shop to have the window replaced and within two to three hours we were back on the road, watching every truck or vehicle that was hauling anything and thanking God for His protection. We arrived in Atlanta at 2:30 a.m. and I flew out early that morning. Terri drove safely back home. Thank God!
![]() |
| Lunch with Uncle Stephen |
We enjoyed the children's playing together and fun times with Jason and his family, Tiffany and Isaiah. We had sweet times with Lola's family and my baby sister Karen. (We had a great time with Steve and Kristi and their children and grandchildren on the way back to San Diego. Thanks to all for your love and kindness to us!)
| Jen and five little ones with their Zobo Dolls |
We were in a fancy restaurant lobby area calling out to Jesus to heal her and stripping off her clothes to cool her body. The people working at the restaurant were so helpful, giving us cold compresses, cold water bottles to put on her back and doing whatever they could to assist. They called 911 and the emergency technicians soon came and Zoe started responding. I had never experienced anything like that with our four children and our sweet daughter, our Jason and I felt helpless except to call out to Jesus and try to do everything that people were calling out for us to do. Jen was in anguish and my heart was breaking for her and her precious Benji who flew up to Washington the next day to be with his wife and daughters.
So, Lord, we will trust You for You hold it all together. You are the Giver of Life, You love us and You are with us. We will trust You for our hope is in You.
Our September journeys were made complete with signs of God's presence, protection, love, healing and hope everywhere even as we experienced fear and shock. I am thankful He is always with us. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5). Some things we just don't understand.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope" (Romans 15:13 ESV).
Our September journeys were made complete with signs of God's presence, protection, love, healing and hope everywhere even as we experienced fear and shock. I am thankful He is always with us. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5). Some things we just don't understand.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope" (Romans 15:13 ESV).

I love you! I'm so glad that if we look we can see God at work in our lives. Thank you for the reminder. Praising the Lord for His protecting and sustaining power.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lola. Our God promised to walk through it all with us. So glad He does! I love you too, sis! So much. The wedding was beautiful!
ReplyDeleteStill in awe of our God and the way He works in our lives. I'm so thankful that you put your thoughts down in this blog. Love you!
ReplyDelete