Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Major Marshall


In early March my little puppy was born and Marshall came home to live with me eight weeks later. He is so funny and cute! When I first tried to take him for a walk on a leash, he was like a little marionette on a string, just kind of flopped around. He has certainly found his strength now as I try to teach him to walk beside me. He is getting big and strong.  

I am thankful for my Marshall. He helps teach me life lessons. Walking with him right now is a challenge. I, like Marshall, need to learn to walk with my Master and not try to pull ahead or drag behind, but learn to trust my Savior that His way is best.  Marshall trusts me to provide his daily food and water and he loves to play and spend time with me. Today I was playing the piano and he was just sitting at my feet chewing on his toy. He enjoys spending time with me and my family. (He needs to not jump up on us but he is still just a puppy)!

So, I am learning little lessons from this dog who keeps getting bigger and bigger everyday. I snapped this picture one day when I was having my devotions. Marshall was trying to get right up on the swing with me and get as close as possible. Another lesson: I want to get as close as possible to my Master as well. I know I can be a challenge at times to my blessed Redeemer. I am thankful for his patience and love.  




PS:  Marshall also is helping me to be a better neighbor. I have met so many of my neighbors and random people as I take my doggie for walks. They tell me all kinds of things which totally amazes me. Marshall, you're a keeper!  

6 comments:

  1. He is beautiful Chris. I love goldens..have had two who were the most amazing dogs. Let me share a secret about jumping. Especially good as he's so small. When he jumps just hold his paws. Don't let go when he tries to pull away. He won't like it and will eventually stop jumping.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the good tip, Kay! I really appreciate it and I'll let you know if it works on my Marshall.

      Delete
    2. What a sweet beautiful message Christine. Your Marshall is so handsome. We love you dearly! Love, Teresa & Reigh

      Delete
    3. Teresa and Reigh, You are so kind and I just want to thank you for the way you show the love of God to all you meet, including me! What a gift you both are! Love you too!

      Delete
  2. I love to read your words. Always elegant to the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie. Your words encourage me greatly. Love you!

      Delete