Somedays you can be going through life and all seems well and good and then, all of sudden, you are standing at that cliff again. Thoughts come into your head and you are facing "fear" again. Panic and distress seem to overwhelm your soul. The other day this happened to me.
When it did, I cried out to God, wailing my fears to Him and crying out for His help. My tears mixed with the waters that flowed in the sink. He was with me and helped me and calmed my fears. He is our refuge and strength, our high tower. We can run to Him and find safety and peace (Psalm 46:1).
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words...What shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?...Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:26-39)
"For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you." (Isaiah 41:13 ESV)
I know I am covered by the prayers of others, my children and their spouses, my church family and dear friends. God's love and promise to be with me brings me hope for each new day.
Amen, amen...soothed my soul this morning Christine! Love and hugs!
ReplyDeleteDeanna, love to you as well! Thank you!
ReplyDelete