Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Hero

Lonnie Bruce Barker....my Hero.

My precious friend, Terri, gave me this special figurine on the 4th of July. The words read "Hero, we honor thee, keeping safe your memory."

The Lord blessed me years ago by allowing me to meet, love and marry my Lonnie. I can't imagine life without him here on earth. Even now I see glimpses of him in the eyes of his children, the words they say, the way they stand, their mannerisms and, most of all, their hearts for the Lord. I see their wisdom and strength of character during very difficult times and know that our Lord who said He would never leave us nor forsake us is with them as He always was with our Lonnie (Daddy).

May we always remember to keep our eyes on Jesus and to point others to Jesus as well. That's what Lonnie (Daddy) would have wanted above all else. May we "trust in the Lord with all of our hearts and lean not on our own understanding. In all our ways acknowledge Him and He will direct our paths." And "the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

On that note, let's remember the phrase we heard so often in the prayers and sermons of a very wise man...."may we live each day with eternity's values in mind." Let's do it, one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Mom. I really needed this tonight. I was just looking in that military Bible that has Dad's picture in the back. He was such a good man who really cared about people. He was such a good listener, and also so very wise with what he said. I miss my Hero Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my sweet Chrissy! You are my hero.
    Love you,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Auntie Lola sais it when she said you are my hero. Auntie Chrissy you are my hero you are always there to listen and give excellent advice and scripture to help along the way. I love you and thank you for being there.
    Love you.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete