Friday, September 24, 2010

Grandsons

This is a fun post...baby Isaiah and his mommy and daddy came to Montgomery to visit over Labor Day weekend! I was privileged to be there as well. What a fun time we had together. Isaiah is growing up and such a sweetheart! He is all boy! How did he get such a booming voice when his mommy and daddy are so mild-mannered and soft-spoken? He fills their days with laughter. Whenever I talk to Tiffany on the phone I can hear Isaiah in the background just jabbering on and on....and with great volume!

Speaking of grandsons, one morning Elijah was praying at the breakfast table. Crystal says that as he was praying he began to include a dialogue about Christmas. "Mommy is the shepherd, I'm the baby, Logan is Joseph and Daddy is....um...the cow. Amen." Hmmm....just wondering what happened to Mary in the whole scene?

Logan was playing baseball in the backyard with Elijah. They were talking about who they were. Elijah decided he was "Lefty" and their mommy asked, "Who is Babe Ruth?" Logan said, "Babe Ruth, Babe Ruth, Lonnie Bruce, Lonnie Bruce. Mommy, did Grandaddy play baseball?" She answered that he did and he was a catcher. Logan decided then and there, "I'm Lonnie Bruce!"

Jason told me a cute little story about our Judah. When the family prays and thanks God for their meals, Judah bows his head and holds their hands and prays with them. Throughout the prayer he yells out, "AMEN!" Jason says, "Sometimes I feel like I am at a pentecostal church in my home." Way to go, Judah!

And we have a new grandson coming in December! Yeah! More stories to tell.

What are Jason and Sunnie Barker going to have in March? Another boy or a little girl? I wonder....

Stella and Zoe...don't worry...I'll be telling stories on you soon! Take note!

5 comments:

  1. I love the stories of your grandsons! I hope to have some of my own to tell someday...no pressure Benji and Jen:o) Thanks for making me smile today Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun post! Love all those silly boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love those boys!! Started my day off with a giggle and smile...thanks for sharing! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little men of God! Wonderful. I love the baseball story. ahhhh..so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday I took the boys to McDonalds. Logan was eating his cheeseburger and he looks up and says to me, "I like "indians" on my hamburger. I said, "Indians?" Yes, he pointed to the little white onions on his burger. So innocent and funny!

    ReplyDelete