Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Note from Lola

My sister, Lola, her husband Keith with baby Michael and Grandma Anderson at the arch in St. Louis with Lonnie and Jeremy, Jason and me.

Lola and Keith were with us from the beginning....and are still walking along side our family offering comfort and support. They came to spend time with us in San Diego (pictured below with Benji, Jen and Zoe) and we are thankful for their love, prayers and encouragement.

Yesterday Lola sent me a verse and included in it were these words: "Be strong and let your heart take courage, all who wait for the LORD!"

These same words were part of Pastor Mike Rippy's sermon last Sunday. He has been going through the book of Ecclesiastes which has been very inspiring and perfect for these times. One of the verses he highlighted was Ecclesiastes 10:10 which reads, "If the ax is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed, but skill will bring success." He stressed that we need to develop the skills of obeying God, being strong and courageous, facing the future with hope, faith and not fear, and develop the skill of adding to what others have done before us.

We have choices to make everyday. Let's choose wisely. The "little" choices we make today greatly affect our tomorrows.

And, just for fun, I leave you with one of Lonnie's favorite quotes from the musical, The Music Man. It illustrates perfectly why the choices we make today are so important.

Marian Paroo: Maybe tomorrow.
Harold Hill: Oh, my dear little librarian. You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.

8 comments:

  1. Mom, you are so inspiring! And not just because you are my mother-inlaw. Your words truly bless and change me. I want to live for today. Thanks for being such an amazing leader for our family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy- what a blessing you are to all those your reach with your heart and message. Keith and I love and care for you so much. Love, love you! Thank you for your words of exhortation. I think that I get it--live today so that it will be a blessing tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these notes Mom. They sing of time well spent. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not fair to make me cry with every blog entry!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way God speaks through people. It blesses all who are a part of it. The giver and the receiver.

    Oh, and that quote from The Music Man is sweet. I didn't know that was one of dad's favs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How come I can't read your blog without crying!? I love you, Auntie Chrissie, & I am so thankful that you're my mom's sister and that God blessed both of you with such godly husbands. What a legacy you all are building for us to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "76 Trombones Led the Big Parade"! Tiffany, remember your daddy playing that song on the piano? He used that particular quote quite a few times over the years in different settings and I always thought it was a good one! The Music Man was one of the first dinner theater musicals we went to together. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome quote. Thank you for sharing that Auntie Chrissy. You are so encouraging. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete