Thank you, God, for loving us so much that You would give your One and Only Son for us. The love of the Lord is overwhelming! Thank you for making a way for us when we were lost and in darkness. You sent your Son, the Light of the world, to walk among us and to make a way out of the darkness. Your Gift of love is our only salvation and You are the Way, the Truth and the Life.

This Christmas, I am blessed to be with Jeremy and Crystal and their children. Our children have called or Skyped and I am thankful for family and friends from all over who have contacted me with loving and kind thoughts. We await the birth of a precious little boy any day now.

Christmas will never be the same because my Lonnie is not here with us. I know I will always miss his fun and witty ways, his kindness and his love, but Christmas will still be sweet and there will be people and things to be thankful for in this life. And if there were nothing else, we have a God whose love is unfathomable!

Jeremy recites the following verse to their boys nearly every night when they go to bed, "The joy of the Lord is our strength!" This is a verse I have sung or said since I was teenager. I am learning in new ways that it is true and it has been put to the test this past year.
Joy to the world, the Lord has come! The joy of the Lord is my strength!
Thank you that you gave us such precious children and grandchildren and more on the way. Such love and joy!
So proud of you mommy.
ReplyDeleteMomma, many people have angels in their Christmas trees. We had an angel sitting on our couch! Thanks for being here with us.
ReplyDeleteI want to read a blog entry about raising unruly kids. I don't have any (unruly ones), but just thinking in terms of preventative maintenance. I think I've proved you to be an expert in this area.
Do tell...
Well, as I had the most amazing children, I am not sure I could do that, although I guess there were some unruly moments.... :) Have to tell the truth!
ReplyDeleteLove you, Chrissy. I'm so blessed to hear how the Lord and your family continues to sustain you.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lola! Happy Birthday to you, sweet sister too! You have blessed me and helped me so much on this journey and I am so thankful for you!
ReplyDelete