Tuesday, January 4, 2011

E-mails from God

I know that is a funny title but this past year I have been reading through the Bible with my I-phone (thank you, Jeremy, for my I-phone and for teaching me how to use it). As I have read through the Bible I would send verses to my e-mail address when I felt I needed to dwell on a particular idea or promise or it was just what I needed to hear at that moment.

This morning I went to my e-mails and found an encouraging and helpful message from a friend. I am so thankful for the many kind and loving messages throughout this past year. They helped me on my journey and I want to remember to be an encourager to others as well. Thank you.

Then I went to read my Bible on my I-phone and read the following verses in 2 Peter 1:3-9:

"His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness.

Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises...make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Seemed like a good new year's resolution to me so I sent it off to my e-mail account and said to myself, "I just received an e-mail from God." You know, it's true. We have letters from God that we can read every day. He loves us and sends us words of encouragement and instruction.

We are not alone. He is with us. Emmanuel! I hope you read an "e-mail from God" today.


8 comments:

  1. Chris, I have enjoyed the verses you have sent from your phone too. You certainly have encouraged me. I want to be a better encourager myself.
    Love,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for always sending the verses on to me, great encouragement for each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a blessing. I praise God for the insights He has given you and that you share with us. Love, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone asked me what plan I used. I have been using http://www.youversion.com and the Life Journal Reading Plan you will find in their list of plans. It is so nice to have on your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, your words are so powerful. I hang on every phase because you are a woman who posses all of these qualities. Thank you for being not only an awesome mother but an awesome mentor in my life. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom, Thanks so much for your constant encouragement. I like your title for this post. That's a great way to look at it. Love, Zach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks and speaking of encouragers! Thank you! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this. Needed it today! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete