As we approach the celebration of the most important birthday of all, that of our Savior the Lord Jesus Christ, I want to remember some very special precious people born last month. Oh, and we are very excitedly awaiting the birth of our new little grandson any time this month. Thank you Lord for new life!
32 years ago, Lonnie and I welcomed the sweetest little boy to be born up to that time (excluding baby boy Jesus, of course). Well, that's what we felt and thought! We were so grateful to the Lord for this little boy who was born so near Thanksgiving Day. How appropriate! Jeremy Brandon arrived on the scene weighing 8 lb 3 oz and was 21 inches long. He did not cry when he was born and Lonnie always talked about how he had his eyes wide open, just looking around. I believe he is around four days old in this picture. My Uncle John and Aunt Susann came to visit with their two daughters when Jeremy was born and Uncle John just recently sent these pictures to Jeremy. What a proud daddy and mommy! Jeremy has been such a blessing to us over the years and continues to bring joy, love and comfort to our entire family. I thank God for his loving heart and his passion for life!

Fast forward to 2005 and the birth of Logan Brock in the same month of his proud daddy. What a precious little boy Crystal and Jeremy have! He is learning and growing and is an absolute joy to be around! He loves Jesus and talks about Him as he comes and goes....even in the doctor's office yesterday. He was in conversation with another grandmother who was there with her daughter and baby. He was telling her about Christmas and about baby Jesus being

born in Bethlehem. The woman, just out of the blue, said, "Some people say Jesus was a woman." I was taken aback and Crystal said I lightly gasped when she said this to Logan. But Logan immediately responded, "No, Mary was going to have a son because God told the angel Gabriel to tell her that." He spoke the truth so clearly and with such authority and boldness! He is learning about our Savior and is able to witness of it even at his young age. I am amazed by the words that come from his mouth....nuggets of truth. He also has wonderful imagination and creativity! What a Thanksgiving gift from our Lord to his mommy and daddy, and his granmommy and grandaddy as well as the rest of the family!

And now I must mention one more very special November birthday! Terri Rippy....words cannot do justice to what she means to me. She and Mike have been the best of friends to me and also to Lonnie. Terri, who does this....makes amazing cakes (I mean wedding cakes, birthday cakes that are not the kind I make with M&Ms, sprinkles and candles but unbelievable masterpieces), knits stockings, makes quilts, takes beautiful pictures, and is a beautiful singer too? But what is most important is that she is the best grandmom, mother and wife that a family could imagine (I have that on good authority). Then she becomes Auntie Terri to our family along with Uncle Mike! Well, there are just not hours in the day and somehow she does it! And I am just scratching the surface. She is a source of wisdom, kindness, comfort and love to me and to our children. So, as I said, words cannot express!
I celebrate these November birthdays of our firstborn amazing son, firstborn amazing grandson and my (you guessed it) amazing friend! Truly amazing! I am thankful!
This is such a sweet post. I love these pictures of Dad with Jeremy. It is always good to see new pictures that you had never seen before.
ReplyDeleteWow, Logan already speaks with boldness. I am so proud of him. I am excited to see what God has planned for his life!
And Terri. Sweet Terri! God gave you the BEST BFF EVER! :) I just love my "Auntie Terri!"
Woohoo Logan! What a rock star! Love it! So thankful that Jer, Logan and Terri were born. I love how you always remember to be thankful and remind us of the precious family we have. Love you Marm.
ReplyDeleteMy sister's husband Johnny was born in November as well and we miss him. I miss him especially for her and her family as he was a fun, loving man who cherished her. Joy, you and your precious family are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteOur little Logan has been asked to be a shepherd in the Children's Christmas pageant! Yesterday, he was spreading the word about Jesus and today he is a shepherd boy! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteOh Chris, Thank you for those kind words. I am thankful everyday for your friendship. When we became friends, I felt like I got the sister I never had! What an amazing blessing you have been in my life! You have truly inspired and encouraged me beyond words.
ReplyDeleteAnd I wish you'd move to MONTGOMERY! I MISS YOU!
Oh, I know God brought you into my life for so many reasons! So many laughs, tears, sweet conversations, horse-drawn carriage rides up the mountain, memories that always bring smiles, camera's flashes much to the chagrin of someone we know, pizzas all over Europe, and you know I could go on and on....oh and those ever present projects! Gotta go put a stitch in a quilt even as I type!
ReplyDeleteMan! November makes some pretty amazing people :)
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful Chris, Thanks for sharing these special people with us!
ReplyDelete