The other morning I woke up with this prayer on my lips, "Oh Lord, I hope I never did anything to limit or stifle the dreams you put in my precious husband's life. Please forgive me if I did." I reflect on different aspects of our life together daily. We would often discuss possibilities and we had many dreams for the future and thoughts of what we would do when he retired from the Air Force. My prayer continued, "Please don't let me stifle or bring limitations to what You would do in our lives."
Shortly after that, a precious person called me and told me of an opportunity that they were pursuing which included an amazing blessing but also great commitment. I knew that the Lord had dealt with my heart earlier in the day. I believe God was preparing my heart for this news and my response. I would not want to limit what God would do in this person's life even though it will involve great dedication, unselfish love, perseverance and sacrifice.
When God calls us to something, may we pursue Him with all that we are, knowing He will do what He wants to do through us and most of all, make us who He wants us to be. We have no idea where it may lead, but let's allow Him to surprise us and be "confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Phil 1:6).
Thank you, Chris!! I needed this one! Miss you.
ReplyDeleteKarin
Karin, I miss you too! I'm glad this ministered to you today. Thank you! I cherish the conversations we had while I was in MA! So glad we can keep in touch! With love, Chris
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing with us what the Lord has put on your heart. I love you!
ReplyDeleteYou are always such an encourager...thank you so much for your sweet note on my blog. Love you mucho!
ReplyDeleteChris, yes, I too worry about stifling what God has for my children. Sometimes it is caution and sometimes it is pure lack of trust. I pray I can know the difference. Thank you for your thoughtful writings. They are inspirational. You are such a precious daughter of the King. I know He is so proud of you! I am so grateful he gifted me with your friendship...I am a better person for it!
ReplyDeleteYou're loved...Laurie
Laurie, You are an amazing momma who leads your children to always kneel before their King and do His bidding. How blessed they are to have you as their momma! And how blessed I am to have you for a friend. Love you! Chris
ReplyDelete