I saw the stars the other night and they were shining so brightly. We have been stationed many places where I have been overwhelmed by the beauty of the stars due to the lack of city lights or bright street lights or the lights have been knocked out altogether as in Guam (hit by 4 typhoons while we were there). We were on the plains of North Dakota, at remote beaches in Hawaii, and many other places and drives along the way which included a sleepy little village in Germany and the stars have been amazing.....the darker the surroundings the brighter the stars.
Occasionally, I would arrive home from some event and would run inside and encourage Lonnie to come outside to see the stars with me! He would come out....even when it was freezing....and would marvel at the stars with me. Oh, I can only imagine what he is marveling at now!
Thank you, God, for Your handiwork, Your creation! Thank you for the reminders of "You" all around us! You, God, truly are our great reward!
"He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite" (Psalm 147:4,5). And this awesome God "heals the brokenhearted and binds their wounds" (Psalm 147:3). He continues to love us and be our Emmanuel, God with us, every day.
One more thing about the stars....I often think about Abraham when I see the starlit sky. In Genesis 15:1,5 "The Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not be afraid, Abram, I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward".....then He took him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them...."
Of course, Abram couldn't, but we know Who can count the stars and He is our great reward! And even when the clouds are covering the stars, we know. He is here!
I heard one time that if you are in a deep well, so deep that it is pitch black inside, you can look up and see the stars (even if it's daylight outside). Thank you, Chris, for this beautiful reminder of how God's handiwork can remind us that He is with us.
ReplyDeleteAs soon as we have a clear night, I am going to look out at the stars and marvel at God's creation.
ReplyDeleteDo it, Tiff! Maybe it will be a starlit sky for me too and we can look at the stars together....if you are up late enough!
ReplyDeleteIndescribable, uncontainable,
ReplyDeleteYou placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
'The darker the surroundings...the brighter the stars'...sounds like an awesome sermon title or book title, huh?...hmmm, Chris!? Lovely thoughts!
ReplyDeleteThe Light that Lonnie is marveling at is so much brighter than our brightest star! Glory!! Hallelujah!!
Mom:
ReplyDeleteThanks for your insights. This really encouraged me today.
Hope all is well. We love you and miss you.
Zach
Such a beautiful reminder Marm. Love you. We will star gaze tonight.
ReplyDelete