Do you know how little children are so excited when their daddy walks through the door? Or how they run to him when they are hurt? The daddy does everything he can to reach his children and bring them in his arms and give them hugs and kisses, rejoices with their exultation and comforts them in their need.
The message last night by Pastor Steve Wexler was on worship and he said that when we worship God is blessed, we are blessed and we are changed. One point in particular stood out to me: "He renews your youth -- you're always young in His presence."
I had a picture in my mind of a girl, playing on the mountainside picking flowers, running through the green grasses, rejoicing in the beauty around her and most of all in Her Creator (almost like Maria at the beginning of The Sound of Music). I sensed that our Father in heaven delights in our praise, desires for us to remain in the posture of wonderment and adoration!
As we worship, He is blessed! Psalm 103:1-5 (The Message) "O my soul, bless GOD, from head to toe, I'll bless His holy name, O my soul, bless GOD, don't forget a single blessing!"
We sang the song "Here in Your Presence" and one of the lines is "here in Your presence heaven and earth become one." That overwhelms me...."heaven and earth become one." I picture myself worshiping our God here on earth and Lonnie worshiping Him in heaven with my mom and dad, his father and so many more precious loved ones. Yes, that definitely can bring a childlike dance to my step!
Wow, that's awesome!
That is awesome! What a sweet thought! Sometimes I am overwhelmed with the joy of worshiping in His presence. Sometimes I can not contain my dance step either! One day...one day...until then I will worship Him to the utmost of my ability in song and worship Him daily with my life.
ReplyDeleteYou are loved, my dear friend...Laurie
I must say-"Hallelujah, What a Savior!" Thank you for sharing what the Lord is reminding you. He is so worthy of our praise and I love the picture of our worship and the worship of the ones who have gone ahead are in unison. We say "Holy, Holy, Holy is our Lord God Almighty".
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Talked to Jeremy yesterday and he talked about being childlike, trusting in our Father, walking with ears and eyes open to Him, and waiting on the Lord. (I was taking notes as he was talking to me on the phone. Don't want to forget his words.)
ReplyDeleteWow mom, what an amazing picture! Thank you for always sharing such profound words of truth and inspiration, they get me through the day and reming me to always live for Him.
ReplyDeleteMom, Thanks for the reminder about the importance of worship. Your point about how worship changes us really spoke to me. I recently had a moment when this proved true to me. I realized that without worship being first (God being first), I do not have the right perspective for living out all the day to day things of life. Worship gives focus to how we view God, ourselves, and our daily living. Thanks again for reminding me of that. Love you. So proud of you.
ReplyDeleteZ