"Where do you live?" It's a simple question and one that has always been easy to answer...it was on or near an Air Force base somewhere in the world. But now it is different.
As I have gone through the last year and a half, I have been asked this question in many different settings. Where do you live? I explain that I have been living with our children and their families in various locations around the US (they live on the East Coast, Northwest, Southwest and in the middle of the country).
Our children are having babies and it was on the occasion of the birth of baby Jubilee when I was asked this question twice while Jen was in the hospital. First, a doctor asked me, "Where do you live?" I explained that I had been up north staying with our son and his wife as they had just had a baby boy. He pressed, "But where do you live?" I kind of took a deep breath and then explained that my husband had passed away overseas and since that time I had been staying with our children.
As I have gone through the last year and a half, I have been asked this question in many different settings. Where do you live? I explain that I have been living with our children and their families in various locations around the US (they live on the East Coast, Northwest, Southwest and in the middle of the country).
Our children are having babies and it was on the occasion of the birth of baby Jubilee when I was asked this question twice while Jen was in the hospital. First, a doctor asked me, "Where do you live?" I explained that I had been up north staying with our son and his wife as they had just had a baby boy. He pressed, "But where do you live?" I kind of took a deep breath and then explained that my husband had passed away overseas and since that time I had been staying with our children.
As we were leaving the hospital the next day, the attending nurse asked me the question. I was trying to keep the focus on our sweet little baby girl coming home with her mommy and daddy. But she asked the question a second time, so I briefly explained my situation and then was able to take the time to talk about my amazing husband and how God had blessed us with almost 32 years of marriage. I told her that I know some people never get to experience the kind of relationship and life that I have been able to have with my precious Lonnie (and I never want to take that for granted). I also said that I know the Lord is going to be with me in the days ahead.
As Benji drove up with the car and Jennifer and her sweet daughters were loaded up in the car, the nurse turned to me before I left and said, "You are going to be just fine."
I realized that God gave me an opportunity with this simple question to tell of His blessings and goodness to me. I was able to share about my Lonnie. Truly I can say that God has been good to me and I mean it with all of my heart. I thank God for children who have opened their homes to me and made me feel so loved. I am thankful for precious friends who have done the same.
Someday it may be easier to answer that question again, but for now.....I'm working on my answer.

This blog post is so moving mom. You are so brave. There are no words to tell you just how deeply I care for you and love you and pray for you. I am praying that God leads you and shows you what to do in His perfect timing.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Tiffany Joy! I know you are praying for me and I love you and Zach and your family so much! I'll be there in a few months, Lord willing! Praying for your Ruby today!
ReplyDeleteIt is like the question, "Where are you from?" I just say the US and two other countries. Then after the puzzled look, I explain that my dad was an Air Force chaplain. We have a unique story to tell about God's goodness in our lives. Thank you for sharing mom.
ReplyDeleteLove where we are from:) Love the Mommy and Daddy and family that we are from, and the adventures we have had! We are from a very great place! You are so amazing mom, I can't imagine what you've felt in having to be in others homes when you make the most wonderful, comfortable, loving homes. We are blessed to have you in our homes, making all of our dwelling places a little brighter and richer in love!
ReplyDelete"Where do you live?" = simple. "Where are you from?" = much more complicated for me, but a question I will always enjoy answering thanks to my folks. "Where are you going?" = that is the one question that really excites me. Mom, you always showed me this attitude.
ReplyDeleteFor now, as you search for your answer, always remember that no matter where we are in life, we should always be moving.
Where you are right now, the way you are, it's poetic Momma. It's just beautiful.
Thank you, precious children! You bless my heart! You really do! Thank you for providing me with home sweet homes!
ReplyDeleteThis reminded me of that verse in Jeremiah-the Lord know His plans for you, for your welfare, and not for evil, for you future and your hope. I learn so much from you and love you so much. God bless you today, sweet sister!
ReplyDeleteMom, thanks for sharing what you are going through. Your transparency really shows how much you are relying on the Lord and allowing him to use you to bring him glory. It is such an encouragement to us. My heart goes out to you, and I am amazed at the grace and strength you have displayed in all circumstances. Look forward to seeing you in a few months. Love you so much.
ReplyDeleteDitto to Jen. You have blessed so many with your hospitality and home in the past, so I know that aspect has to be hard for you. However, it's truly your *spirit* that is so welcoming and you bring that with you whereever you go! Love you!!
ReplyDelete