He will tend His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs in His arms; He will carry them in His bosom and gently lead those that are with young.
Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand and marked off the heavens with a span, enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance? Who has measured the Spirit of the Lord, or what man shows him His counsel? Whom did He consult, and who made Him understand? Who taught Him the path of justice and taught Him knowledge and showed Him the way of understanding?
Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing.
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:11-14, 26, 28-31 ESV)
I have read and reread this passage of Scripture over this past month and I am made aware again and again of what an awesome God we have! I have been captivated by these words. Our God knows all, understands all, created all and He is never weary and does not grow faint. He renews our strength as we wait upon Him.
Our God is with us; He is our rock, our sure foundation. This awesome God who created the stars and the oceans and the mountains desires to be our Shepherd.
I love this picture of the Shepherd with His sheep, taking care of them and guiding them to where they should go for that day. Daily He is with us, He loves us and cares for us. Daily our amazing Creator God shows His gentleness and love to us and desires to guide us where we should go and to become who He desires us to be.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I am overwhelmed.
Beautiful scriptures mom. So thankful for His word.
ReplyDeleteOh Chris, your posts are life giving. As I read this, something in the last sentence shouted to my spirit. "...the Shepherd...guiding them to where they should go for that day." It's so true. We really only need to know and be concerned this day. Oh, that I would live to let Him care for and guide me each day.
ReplyDeleteMom, that is so true. Thank you for the reminder of his amazing love and care for us.
ReplyDeleteChris, How appropriate your timing! I just studied John 10 in my weekly study. I was awestruck anew about my Lord, the Shepherd. I listened to Jennifer's song of the 23rd Psalm over and over. How it ministered to me! I love your obedience to share His word to you!
ReplyDeleteLaurie, that is awesome, the timing of your study about our Shepherd! I love Jen's song "Surely" and I love that it ministers to you as it does to me. As I watch Zach and Tiffany with their baby Ruby, I am getting a sense of how our Shepherd is with us, tending to us, caring for us, carrying us when we are wounded and meeting our needs with tenderness and love. And Cathy, I too need to remember to walk with Him this day and to let Him care for and lead me today. Thank you for your comments. Love you all!
ReplyDelete