Thursday, January 5, 2012

Why Us, God?

On March 28, 2011, my title for my post was No Limits. I wanted to share it again and also add an update at the end:



(From March 28, 2011) "The other morning I woke up with this prayer on my lips, 'Oh Lord, I hope I never did anything to limit or stifle the dreams you put in my precious husband's life. Please forgive me if I did.' I reflect on different aspects of our life together daily. We would often discuss possibilities and we had many dreams for the future and thoughts of what we would do when he retired from the Air Force. My prayer continued, "Please don't let me stifle or bring limitations to what You would do in our lives."

Shortly after that, a precious person called me and told me of an opportunity that she and her husband were pursuing which included an amazing blessing but also great commitment. I knew that the Lord had dealt with my heart earlier in the day. I believe God was preparing my heart for this news and my response. I would not want to limit what God would do in this person's life even though it will involve great dedication, unselfish love, perseverance and sacrifice.

When God calls us to something, may we pursue Him with all that we are, knowing He will do what He wants to do through us and most of all, make us who He wants us to be. We have no idea where it may lead, but let's allow Him to surprise us and be 'confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ' (Phil 1:6)."



Ruby and her big brother Isaiah
Update, January 2012: I was referring to our Tiffany's phone call in the above post. She and Zach were praying regarding the adoption of a precious little girl and she was letting me know of this after they had already prayed and fasted together as a couple. I am thankful the Lord prepared me for this by reminding me of my prayer not to stifle or put limitations on His work. I joined them in prayer as did other family members and friends. I am so excited that they followed hard after the Lord and let Him lead their decisions and steps. We are thrilled that Ruby is home! 


While Tiffany was in Taiwan, she sent the following sentiments in an e-mail to the family: "There are so many incredible spiritual things happening, so many stories of God's grace in this situation. We need to record all the stories, completely miraculous. Zach and I just sit and say, 'God, why us? How do we deserve this huge blessing?' We know it is all His grace. God has worked in mighty ways."


I am praying in this new year that I will remember not to put my limits on God's work in my life and the lives of my family and friends. Why would I want to limit His Hand! Father God, help me to follow hard after You and not be afraid, for You are with me. No Limits! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Chris, your prayers echo mine as we enter this new year. Amen, dear friend, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy,
    Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for your beautiful ministry.
    Love, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I LOVE this! Your heart so reflects that of our Heavenly Father. You are a blessing and a conduit of grace and mercy to others. Keep it up! Love you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful! (Your son, Jason)

    ReplyDelete