Today I am praying about my goals and vision for next year. I am remembering each of my children and their families in my prayers and I pray for the Lord to give them vision and focus for this upcoming year and for each new day.
Speaking of goals, I have this picture hanging outside in my backyard and Zoe and I were reading it together this morning as we were snuggling in the porch swing. She really liked the part about "eat a cupcake." "Good idea, Granmommy!"
Yesterday morning, early, my granddaughter and I were waiting for the sun to rise and it seemed to take forever. We both woke up before 5:30. We kept looking as the sky was getting lighter and lighter but still no ray of sun until, finally, it poked through the low-lying clouds a little to the south of where we were fixing our eyes. We were so excited to see the sun!
During worship at church on Sunday, there were two songs in particular that mentioned the rising of the sun. One was You'll Come http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RmZFaruXhs
"As surely as the sun will rise You'll come to us
As certain as the dawn appears. You'll come.
Let your glory fall as you respond to us.
Spirit rain, flood into our thirsty hearts again
You'll come."
Spirit rain, flood into our thirsty hearts again
You'll come."
The second song was 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman (a favorite). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jYLTn4fKYQ
"The sun comes up, It's a new day dawning,
It's time to sing Your song again.
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes."
As I sang these words with a voice that was hoarse and recovering from being sick, I was reminded of Zoe's and my quest to see the sunrise that very morning. We waited expectantly and it seemed to take forever. We laughed and talked about it. "Would the sun ever rise?" It was really special and significant to me as I felt the Lord reassure me that He will come and meet me and He is even more trustworthy than the sun He created. His desire is to be present in our lives every day.
One of my goals for 2013 is to meet Him in the morning, where "I can sing His song again and, whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes."
(Thank you, Matt Redman, for these beautiful words. Sounds like a very good goal to me!)
"The sun comes up, It's a new day dawning,
It's time to sing Your song again.
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes."
As I sang these words with a voice that was hoarse and recovering from being sick, I was reminded of Zoe's and my quest to see the sunrise that very morning. We waited expectantly and it seemed to take forever. We laughed and talked about it. "Would the sun ever rise?" It was really special and significant to me as I felt the Lord reassure me that He will come and meet me and He is even more trustworthy than the sun He created. His desire is to be present in our lives every day.
One of my goals for 2013 is to meet Him in the morning, where "I can sing His song again and, whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes."
(Thank you, Matt Redman, for these beautiful words. Sounds like a very good goal to me!)
January 2--I woke up with the song "Like Incense" going through my mind. "I will seek You in the morning and learn to walk in Your ways and step by step You'll lead me and I will follow You all of my days." And I am looking out the window waiting for the sun to rise! Thank you, God, the sun will rise and You will be with me today.
ReplyDelete