It seems in so many ways like a lifetime ago and then in other ways like just yesterday. He was fun-loving, full of life, loved God and his family with all of his heart. He took care of me so well from the beginning and I miss him. We miss him.
Tiffany sent met this verse today: "He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of His people He will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken" Isaiah 25:8 (ESV). Thank you, Tiffany, for this fills me with hope and I rejoice in the resurrection life that we have in Jesus!
I was reading about Mary, Martha and Lazarus today and how they sent word to Jesus regarding Lazarus saying, "Lord, the one You love is sick." I talked to God about how I knew He loved my husband when Lonnie was dealing with his health issues and was sick--"Lord, the one you love." I wish we had been able to comprehend that the combination of medication (Simvastatin) and Lonnie's low cholesterol could lead to serious side effects and harm. (The FDA has since added more warnings regarding statins).
I will never really be able to put all the pieces of this puzzle together but I know God is the One who understands and is putting things right for all eternity. I trust Him and there is no other that I can turn to but Him. Daily I need Him and desire to know His heart and His love even when things happen that I don't understand.
Last Saturday I was listening to praise music and was thinking about how Lonnie used to talk about the "promise of His presence" in his sermons, prayers and conversation. As I contemplated this, I said those words out loud but very quietly, "The promise of Your presence." Just as I finished whispering them, a song (Who Can Compare by Emerging Voices) came on and these words were softly spoken, "We love your presence, God." What a special, precious moment this was for me.
Today, can I encourage everyone to give their spouse and loved ones big hugs and lots of love?
Here are some things Lonnie used to say. He would tell his daughters that they were "pretty, pretty, precious, pretty, pretty!" and to his sons I would hear him say, "I love you and am so proud of you! Man, I love you!"
"Time for a run." "Do you want to go for a walk?" How he loved to get out and run and also walk with me. I think he would be happy that I am hiking and preparing for the Freedom Climb in Colorado this summer.
A few more Lonnie-isms just for fun. "Oh Man, what's wrong with my driving?" "If you see something on the ground, pick it up as you go--that's what my grandmother used to always say to me!" "Thank you for your support!"
But above all else, "I love you!"
"Love you bunches and bunches!"
No comments:
Post a Comment