Thursday, June 12, 2014

What Lies Ahead?

While hiking Mt. Baldy late last month with my son and a friend as we continue to train for the Freedom Climb, I came to a place where there was a large rock and the trail seemed to disappear. I thought how life is like that. There are times when we have big rocks and boulders that seemingly block the path of our life, the path of our life in the way that we thought it would go.

I was up front for a little bit on this hike and I was clearly on a trail but up ahead: there was no path that I could see. I continued moving forward and upward towards that boulder, wondering if I was taking the right path or if I had missed something. As I continued on this journey up the mountain and climbed over the boulder, there was the path on the other side. 

Life is like that sometimes for us. We have boulders that seem to be blocking our way that we never expected and yet, with God's help and presence, we keep moving forward even though the journey is not clear to us. Sometimes it takes way more effort and strength than we ever could imagine, but that is when we remember that "when we are weak, He is strong". He is the One who helps us to move forward on this path of life, one step at a time, one day at a time. 

"Step by step He leads me and I will follow Him all of my days." This was just a simple reminder of His presence with us and He is leading us even when things are not clear. Lord, help us not to worry about the boulders ahead but to remember that you will help us as we take the step we are taking now and will see us over and through what lies ahead.


So thankful for Jeremy for hiking with his Momma!






2 comments:

  1. Well said my friend! Let's keep encouraging each other to push toward the other side of the boulder, one step at a time. You're a tremendous blessing and encouragement to me. Love you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Lisa! So thankful for you. We will miss Jer on our next Mt. Baldy hike, won't we? He has been so amazing as a guide!

    ReplyDelete