Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Words Cannot Express....














The steadfast love of the Lord never changes, His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22, 23

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is my strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.' Isaiah 41:13

Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

Thanking God that He is Emmanuel, God with us, and for "His Word" today because I don't even know what to say today.

Logan asked his daddy earlier today, "Did you know that God can lift up trees? Did you know God can lift up a building?"

Jeremy said, "Logan, did you know that God can move mountains?"

Logan replied with this precious question, "Daddy, did you know that God can lift you up?"

Well said, sweet young man!


5 comments:

  1. What a blessing! Out of the mouth of a child. Thank you, Lord for your blessings amid hard times. Love you, Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I opened my Bible on my I-phone last night and the first words I saw were, "Comfort, yes, comfort My people!" Says your God from Isaiah 40. How thankful that He sent us The Comforter and also for all of the "comforters" who have walked with me and our family through these days. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie sent this message today:

    Continuing to lift you & the Barker clan up on this day! May the words of Lonnie resound in your ears...'You're amazing!" Yes, you are!
    Love you all, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you Chris. All of us McD's are thinking of you today. Lonnie ("our" Chaplain!) impacted our lives greatly and we miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marmee you're precious, so so precious. I love you. I miss Daddy like the deserts miss the rain.. I hope that you see ways of daddy in us and in our character, and that we his children live out the legacy of the Daddy of our dreams. In all this Marm you've been the biggest encourager which doesn't seem fair to you, but my eyes have been lifted hundreds of times to Jesus when I have been in the depths of despair.

    ReplyDelete