
...and the longest letter I ever received. Lonnie was never really interested in the Academy Awards before or after 1977. But, one of our first dates we went to see Rocky which came out in November 1976 and was nominated for 10 Oscars, amazingly enough! We really liked it and had a great time together on that date.
So, Lonnie wrote this very fun, long and memorable note on a skinny roll of blue paper....it is a treasure to me!
Here are some excerpts from this note:
"Well, I promised you the longest letter you have ever received and if this is not the longest I do bet it is pretty close....
....I think that tomorrow I am going to start a rigorous schedule. Apollo Creed, here comes the American Stallion. What? Dreams come true if you dream hard enough!
I am going to leave class right after the quiz because I want to see the Academy Awards. Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!
...And for the funniest girl of the year award: Chrissy!
...Best actress of the year: Becky!" (A side note: I did the voice of a young girl named Becky on the Christian radio station. Lonnie was my one and only loyal fan! He listened faithfully every Saturday morning.)
"...Happiest: Chrissy!
etc., etc., etc.,
The above has been written to fill up space! I guess you notice the spaces between the lines are getting wider. It may not be a very good note but you must admit it is long!
....It is now 10:00 p.m, I just saw the Academy Awards and Yea! Rocky!
Sorry, Sylvester didn't receive the Best Actor but, well, 'can't win em all.'
Got to go!
Like ya muches,
Lonnie"
They recently announced the movies up for the Oscar this year, but I wish I could go back to 1977 for just a little while....
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Love you so much!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that I never had the opportunity to
ReplyDeletemeet Lonnie. He must be a very, very wonderful guy.
My Mother wrote a lot during her grieving.
I like the l...o...n...g letter.Sleepwell
Thanks Christine *Emily
I love it..the *longest* letter ever. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a treasure!
ReplyDeleteThis is the sweetest. Dad was so funny and sweet and random. Glad you are going through the letters.
ReplyDeleteSo funny! I love Dad's humor.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Mom.
Z