Friday, August 13, 2010

"Are You Going to be Afraid?"

The other day Crystal, her dad, Logan and Elijah were going on an outing and the boys came in to say good-bye and give me a kiss (I imagine at the prompting of their mommy ). They invited me to come along but I needed to prepare for my road trip.

Logan was first to come in. He gave me a big hug and kiss and left the room.

Then it was Elijah's turn. As he was leaving the room for his little journey that day, he turned and looked at me with concern on his little face. He asked me, "Are you going to be afraid?"

I answered, "No, I'll be alright." As he left the room, I pondered his question. "Are you going to be afraid?"

I was reminded of the verse that is engraved on my bracelet, "Never will I leave you or forsake you" (Heb. 13:5). I am thankful for the promise of His presence with us on our journey. Lonnie's favorite verse was Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call on Him in truth."

So we'll call on Him for peace, hope, refuge, strength and calm in the midst of the storm. When fear would arise in our hearts, let's keep our eyes on Jesus and take note that He has promised....and He is here.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Mom. I love the way that some of the things kids say make you think. Logan and Elijah are such sweethearts. I know you are missing them!
    Mom, you are so brave. You challenge us all to grow in the Lord and trust in Him for strength. You are teaching us all how to hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post! I won't forget this one--thanks for sharing Ma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. unbelievable! its amazing on how such a few words could leave such a big impact! thanks mom, for being such a pillar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I had no idea you blogged, and just stumbled on this through Jeremy's Facebook page. I can't tell you how much I needed to read this today. I'm in the process of writing a long, long letter to the Lord myself, dumping out fear after fear. Third trimester hormones probably, but they still need to be addressed. ;) Thank you for the reminders of scripture. What a treasure. - Rosemary

    ReplyDelete