Monday, August 2, 2010

Grandchildren

Sweet precious grandchildren celebrating Isaiah's birthday! It is awesome spending time with them and their parents. How thankful I am for our children and our grandchildren. They are full of personality and life and love.....and fun!

And to their parents, remember, "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak....those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." (Isa. 40:29-31)

"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect" (I Peter 3:15)

And speaking of fun grandchildren......last night Jeremy told the boys to shake hands. They did.....as if they were shaking water off their hands....four little hands shaking in the air. Note the literal translation. Well, that's one way to shake hands!

2 comments:

  1. It is so sweet to watch all of the kids play together. They are such good friends. Having a child has given me the strength to move forward each day. I'm so thankful that you have been able to be visit with all of us and spend good quality time with your grandkids. You are such a blessing to us and to them and I look forward to all of the wonderful memories we will have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about children and moving forward every day....they keep growing and learning and needing their parents to be involved in their lives. I received a card when Jeremy was born that read, "Babies are wonderful but they are so daily." Every day they need us and bless us at the same time. They, along with the Lord's strength and help, keep us moving ahead when we might want to just stay in bed. Get up, mommy! Time to face another day with little Isaiah and his daddy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete